Friday 5 April 2013

Europa League 04/04/13 - Result

None of the teams managed a goal in the first 10 minutes, so I won my bet irrespective of which match I would have picked for the lay 0-10 minute first goal market.
I picked the Newcastle match, and they were the match that was involved with the first goal scored in the 12th minute. Luckily it was scored after 10 minutes

Results of the Europa matches played on the 4th April 2013.

Tottenham v FC Basel (1-2) 2-2 first goal scored in 30th minute
Benfica v Newcastle (1-1) 3-1 first goal scored in 12th minute
Chelsea v Rubin Kazan (2-1) 3-1 first goal scored in 16th minute
Fenerbahce v Lazio (0-0) 2-0 first goal scored in 79th minute

All the matches had a goal in the second half, so if I placed a bet for over 0.5 goal at the beginning of the second half or at any time in the first half, I would have won.

I would have picked the Tottenham game (they were losing 2-1 at half-time), but the odds for over 3.5 goals was 1.18 (on Betfair) at that time, so decided against it, especially as I have lost a few games previously.

Only one match was 0-0 at half-time (Fenerbahce v Lazio), so I would have had a good chance of winning had I decided to play this one as well (odds were a lot better than the 0-10 goal market). I would have gone for the Chelsea or Tottenham match if I had a choice, as I thought the Newcastle and Lazio matches may be low scoring and be 0-0 at half-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment