Sunday 7 August 2011

Sat 6th August

Football season begins, although it is the lower league and the Premiership will start next weekend.

I haven't really been able to analyse results as any team can win, and I am not that aware of how strong the teams that came up - QPR, Norwich and Swansea will fare.

Well I did a few bets yesterday, as I had an email from SkyBet that offered me a £5 free bet if I deposited £5 into my SkyBet account this weekend, so I did it, and when I went into the section where I could put the code in, I noticed that there was another offer - Deposit £5 and they will give you £10. Cool.

So, I put that code in as well. Deposited £5, and my balance went to £20! Result.

I normally start off pretty well in the first few weeks, even though the form is completely unsettled. So, it took me a while to pick my teams to win, as I had to bet the bonus money within a week.

So, my two £5 bets were Ipswich and Middlesbrough to win as single bets.

Half-time both were winning 1-0, so was debating whether to do a lay bet on Betfair (ie. bet that they do not win), only to be waiting too long that the betting was suspended and that Portsmouth had levelled early in the second half! No. I was too late, but still had Ipswich winning away, and then the unfortunate happened. The Ipswich game suspended, I held my breath to wait the score (I was not listening to the game, so was only paying attention to the Betfair live screen) and it went to 1-1! In a matter of minutes I was losing my two bets.
But, then when I looked, it went back to 1-0 Ipswich. I was confused, but glad, so put the radio on to listen to the games.
Well, I was still debating about whether to lay a bet against Ipswich, but then they scored a second goal, so I was safe with them, and also Middlesbrough scored a second in the 54th minute, so I was again winning with both.
So, I decided to not risk it, and did a lay bet that Middlesbrough would not win. If they win, I win £5 with Skybet, and lose £2 with Betfair, but if Boro do not win, then I lose £5 with SkyBet and win £6.70 with Betfair. Not much really, but I did hope that Boro will win... Nope, in the 90th minute, Portsmouth gets an equaliser and it ends 2-2

I did okay that day, had £15 from SkyBet for depositing £5, and won with Ipswich at 15/8. Although I lost with Middlesbrough, I bet that they would win and not win, so only won a small amount with that one, but did not lose the £5 bet anyway.

Hopefully, I will continue winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment