Wednesday 24 August 2011

Carling Cup 24/08/11

Well, I did poorly on the Carling Cup last night. I had Crystal Palace And Swansea to win at HT and FT, and both did neither.
But I did do a bet at half-time on Bayern to stay at under 1.5 goals (with the score at 0-1) and that was at 9.6; but I did concede and bet for over 1.5 goals so only won about £11 (although I would have won £11 if another goal was scored so played safe - otherwise I would have won £23), but that cancelled my two £5 bet earlier.

Taken from SkyBet website

Right now, my bet to make is Peterboro v Middlesbro (but I have a soft spot for Middlesbro) so I want them to win, so debating whether to bet, and curse my team or not... And with the way they have both been playing it is expecting goals.

So I am going to bet on the Liverpool game to be under 2.5 goals, and 0-0 for half-time. Highly unlikely but good odds to take the risk that Exeter will be able to hold them until half-time.

The Udinese v Arsenal game is also interesting. Arsenal are not favourite to win and are at 13/8. And considering they do not need to win, then they could play for the draw, however Arsenal are a team that cannot do this, but they are a bit more lucky in Europe, so an early goal is quite reasonable, but an upset is something that could also happen... I am at a crossroad on this game, and Arsenal are not yet firing on all cylinders.
With Nasri and Fabregas leaving, they may now be more stable as they were always in a constant state of when will they leave... Now they are both gone, Arsenal may now be able to get their team in order, and move on with the current crop. And they do have a good team, they just do not know how to close games and keep trying to score the perfect goal.
Go for a draw, and lay it later in the match..


No comments:

Post a Comment